A Year of Origami

Wow. It's hard to believe that it's been a year, and quite a bit has happened since April 24th, 2013. Here's a look back on my favorite posts by month.

April 2013: The Square Base
The square base isn't really a special model, but it's the very first one that I published instructions for, so it has some significance. It is also the most commonly used base, and I've probably folded hundreds over the year.

May 2013: The Easy Dragon
The easy dragon isn't a very advanced model, but it is one of my favorites. This is because it is the first model that I actually designed myself and I'm still pretty proud of it. It is much easier than other dragon models out there, so it's a good starting model for beginners.

June 2013: The Crumpled Ball
Well, this is more of an unorthodox post. In my local newspaper, I saw this Pearls Before Swine comic strip, and figured that my blog could use something different yet still origami related, since up to this point everything was just models. I wanted to add variety, so I posted it along with some sarcastic humor.
4a581d30a4710130d2bf001dd8b71c47?width=900

July 2013: Grass
I know that with thirteen (!!!) other July posts, grass doesn't really stand out, but it's here for a reason. It's here because to this day, it is the most commonly viewed model on Epic Origami. Sounds weird, but it is.

August 2013: The Advanced Dragon
When I learned to fold this dragon model, I loved it. It was the most advanced model I've ever learned to fold (at that point in time), so naturally I was eager to post instructions. However, it took a few failed attempts (and a lot of time waiting for the many pictures to upload). It is also one of the more popular models.

September 2013: The Dollar Pixie Shoe
I really like this model because it's a very neat model, and I really like the picture I took for the completed model. I also have somewhat of a 'soft spot' for moneygami models.

October 2013: Witches' Claws
The witches' claws are a neat model, and I got around to posting them just in time for Halloween. They're also interactive and super quick to fold.

November 2013: The Cup
November was sort of an off month for me, and I only got around to posting two real models (this model and the diamond). The cup was my favorite of the two because I actually learned it before I started Epic Origami, and I had forgotten about it until November. Oh, and if you're wondering, it does work (just not for very long).

December 2013: The Dollar Sampan
The Dollar Sampan is here simply because it is a really neat model to fold. It looks nothing like a boat at first, then you simply tug some corners and it does!

January 2014: About
If you didn't know/remember, I took a break from posting in January. Since I don't have any models from the month to showcase, I did my favorite page; the 'About' page. It's not super special, but it provides some more background information about this blog and myself.

February 2014: The Loch Ness Monster
The Loch Ness Monster is one of my all-around favorites because it looks cool, and I designed it myself. Unlike the easy dragon (see above for details) the Loch Ness Monster is a much more advanced model, and I am still very proud of it. Hopefully I'll have some more self-designed models out soon.

This post is yet another unorthodox one. It is partly about using origami for other things other than pleasure, and partly about a specific instance where origami got me an 'A'.

April 2014: This post!
I really had a fun time compiling this post, so naturally it's my favorite for this month (although technically I wrote most of this post in March), plus I also kinda took this month off of blogging too.

Overall, it's been a great first year of blogging!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origami Basketball Hoop

Oragami Inflatable Frog

Origami Stingray