Another use for Origami

A lot of people consider origami to be almost worthless and a waste of time. I'd have to disagree. It not only can be fun, but it has other uses. A lot of times throughout my schooling, I've had to make models of things. However though, I'm one of those people who always cringes when the teacher wants you to make a model.

So last time I was asked to make a model, I decided to do it with origami, since its easier, cheaper, and less time consuming. For this specific project, I had to design a mythical creature and then make a model of it.

I started by folding the advanced dragon.


After this, I cut some red paper in the shape of flames. To make it look better, I opened the top of the head and tucked the paper inside. I then used a little bit of glue so it would stay.


Here's what it looked like:


To add some uniqueness to it, I folded a dragon head from a tiny sheet of paper. I then took a toothpick and poked a small hole in the back of the head and stuck the tail through the hole.


After all this I added a little bit more glue in some places so it wouldn't unfold on the trip to school.


And here's the final product! Origami could also be used to make 3-dimensional models of animals or plants. You could even do what I did and combine models and add details to make something with a more practical use.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origami Basketball Hoop

Origami Dragon (harder)

Oragami Inflatable Frog